Tuesday 24 March 2015

Game Change

24/03/2015

Before today I was developing a story driven first person game. However today I have been considering a mmorpg game similar to WOW, Guild wars 2, Tera and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The reason behind this is because by changing my design to a mmorpg it will be more appealing to a wider audience. Also many mmorpg's are based around fantasy which can allow me to push my characters out of the realistic box, for example many fantasy mmorpgs have a class or profession which provide the players character magical power. Due to my game being set in the early 18th century, I knew that witch craft, black magic and voodoo was very popular at this date in time, so I thought instead of mages, priests etc. they would be replaced with witch craft, voodoo and black magic however I will need to create more suitable names for the professions. I will also have to design several classes for each race, humans/pirates and aliens. I think by doing this it will give me a wide range of designs to take into a 3d sculpt.

I will be exploring mmorpgs classes and professions to see if I could create a twist on them and implement them into my game. I will be exploring the classes and professions of the following games.

World Of Warcraft
Guild Wars 2
Tera
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
and others i can find smiler to the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment